Sunday, May 23, 2010

Challenges

I have been doing very well lately, partly because I was out of town for a month and the distance let me focus on things other than my rocky failed relationship. Unfortunately since I have been home I have been challenged once again to deal with the fallout.

Today I was feeling pretty happy and content, as I had been able to spend an enjoyable afternoon with my ex`s son during a playdate with my nephew. I arranged this through his ex wife so as to avoid any unpleasantness between me and my ex. Unfortunately he took offense to the idea and has since threatened me with a restraining order if I try to see his son.

This really makes me sad. I had a relationship with this boy for 2 years...I was one of the parental figures in his life. I do not expect to continue in that role considering that his father has decided that I am not welcome, but having the child`s mother embrace me and understand that I have a connection with her son has been really amazing.

I know that the only reason my ex is causing trouble is that he thinks I have or will eventually say something that casts him in a bad light. It has nothimg to do with his son and everything to do with his desire for a good rep in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment